Sunday, May 31, 2009

One Proud Mumma!

"Little Miss Creative" received her first ever school certificate today! She was given the "Imagine" award at assembly for "Always having interesting ideas in class discussions," or according to her, "for asking good questions in class dissections" hee hee! Here she is, proudly holding it up and giving me her best smile :)




I've quite a few pages to share this week. The first is of Will jumping down from the garden in the yard. He's a real little jack-in-the-box this boy, always jumping around the house, through the shopping centre, off the couch, the bed - anything really! I love the expression on his face in the photo on the right, it is pure joy after successfully landing a really big jump :)





I have had these next photos for the longest time, and finally scrapped them :) The bubby is Will, but it could just have easily been Bec. Both of the kids, and in fact any kids that visited loved these same toys. The little bus played nursery rhymes and had flashing lights when you moved it or pressed the buttons, the Humpty Dumpty (affectionately known as "Uncle Wes") was a rattle which was nice and soft to chew, and those sweet little bugs spin around to a catchy tune when you push the button. They were an absolute favourite for sucking on. The products I used to make the layout are pretty much all Kaisercraft, mostly from the Fun Fair collection.


This one's a photo from the Australia Day long weekend back in January. It's become our family tradition to take a day trip to the coast to celebrate Australia Day. We had a great day this year, paddling in the surf and eating fish and chips on the beach. I can't wait until next year!


And I know, this last one is extremely busy for me, there was so much I wanted to fit on that small piece of paper! I wanted to record a whole bunch of random facts about Beccy right now. I don't know if you can read it, but it says:


  • She loves to write her name mirrored

  • She's super good at drawing

  • She eats crumpet toast for breakfast

  • She always fusses when the sun gets in her eyes

  • She's not 4, she's 4 3/4

  • People always comment on her beautiful manners

  • She loves to swim




And I must thank Moira for the cute little butterflies and some of the journalling spots that I used on that one - thanks Moi!

Have a fantastic week!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome - and very quick with your hyperlink, LOL! Love how you used the butterflies.
They are all lovely layouts but I must say I particularly love the yellow one of baby Will!

Anonymous said...

P.S. Congrats and well done Becca!

Yvette Adams said...

I really love your layouts Christine!

Leanne said...

Just letting you know that you've been tagged.

Anonymous said...

I so love your photos and scrapping! Thankyou for sharing them with us!

Sasha Farina said...

your jack in the box is so adorable! loveeeeeeee that layout of him so much! Congrats to darling princess for the award!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Gorgeous pages Christine!! Love that photo of your boy in the top layout! How adorable is his smile?