Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Haircuts and Excursions

How handsome is this little fella?? He begrudgingly had a haircut today. He whined at the lady "I not want one, I not need one," but then sat beautifully still for her the whole time. When she was done she asked if he wanted to have a look in the mirror. He just gave her an indignant pout and shook his little head, slid down off the stool and went to the door without so much as a backwards glance! He's such a funny thing, he had everyone in the salon laughing.


And I finally worked out a way to get him to look at me and smile :) He is holding one of his beloved trains and is telling me the names of them. The name "Reneaus" gives me this look that passes for that beautiful smile that I see so frequently every day, but don't often manage to capture on camera.

Miss Becca had her very first school excursion on Friday and I was lucky enough to get to tag along. They went to the Canberra Art Gallery and Museum, then the National Art Gallery. It was a really big day for them all. I was absolutely astounded at how attentive they were and how wonderful their behaviour was. It was really nice to see how Bec interacted with the teachers and the other kids, she didn't cling to me at all, instead she was completely captivated by the teachers and the displays. She had a wonderful time, especially when they got to do some art themselves. Here she is - in her element painting a landscape:


I've borrowed a huge pile of scrapbooking idea books off a friend and have been enjoying reading them this last week. One book inspired me to play with some old story book pages and create this layout:


The quote's from one of James Blunt's songs. I've been meaning to use it for ages. I do love all the energy that kids throw into laughter, it is so honest and absolutely pure.

This last layout is something that is always on my mind, so I decided it should have a place in our family albums. It's about the guilt, and the second-guessing about where we should live. I never know if we've made the right choice or not...or maybe there is no right choice, whichever way we go we are apart from one half of our family. But then again, we are so blessed that both Andrew and I come from really close families that we both want to be with so badly. Thank goodness for planes and phones and the internet which make the distance feel closer! The journalling reads "Where to live? This is the toughest choice your Dad and I have faced. In Tassie with his family, or in Canberra with mine? I have never felt so torn."

The pics are from over 2 years ago, on Will's first trip down to the farm. I was backing up my photos and saw these photos again. I spent ages looking through them, marvelling at how much Bec has grown. I had forgotten what she looked like when she was that little! It makes me so grateful that I'm a scrapbooker and took these photos!

6 comments:

Melissa Kennedy said...

The "What if's" can drive us crazy hey??? But i honestly believe we are were we are now for a reason so maybe think of that.
Lovely layouts. Love the haircut photo too - can imagine this will be gorgeous scrapped up

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Oh I love your layouts! The haircut story is so funny! Your boy is so cute - they have such big personalities even at this age hey?

Samantha Hauzer said...

Gorgeous layouts! I really love the Laugh page - such a cute photo!

Unknown said...

Cute LOs Christine-cute kids too!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, there's always 'what if's.
But I'm glad you're here in Canberra the same time as me.
xxx
WV: 'ginica' - 'Ginica mowver for a coffee?' LOL

Anonymous said...

Yeah, there's always 'what if's.
But I'm glad you're here in Canberra the same time as me.
xxx
WV: 'ginica' - 'Ginica mowver for a coffee?' LOL