Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mummy's out there! We had a beautiful Autumn day here in Canberra on Sunday, with clear blue skies that were just perfect for heading out to the park for a play in the gorgeous golden leaves. The kids had a great time tossing leaves at each other and I had fun snapping some pics. I really love Autumn, it is by far my favourite season!



Then I decided I wanted a photo with the kids. Bec is of course always keen, but Will, not so much. We tried to convince him to smile, or at the very least, look at Daddy. This is what we got :) Typical huh?



Not quite what I had in mind. Oh well, I thought we'd try again, just the two of us.

Seriously, we got about 10 photos of this, it was was the best 'smile' he could manage! I was in stitches laughing at them, they are so perfectly Will! Anyway, I had a wonderful day, and I was lucky enough to receive the popcorn maker I had asked for as well as a necklace and some gorgeous gifts Bec had made at school. She drew the sweetest picture of me on a tea towel and painted the wrapping paper. The tea towel says "My mum is special because she teaches me," "so I can teach my brother," she adds. It's so sweet, I love presents like this :)


We had Bec's first ever parent teacher interview at the end of April. It was all good, there's so much to be proud of :) Her teacher described her as a "Mother Hen" because she is so compassionate and always rallies her classmates together to help cheer up a child who is feeling sad. She also has a very strong sense of what is right and wrong (in other words, she's a dobber!) and seems to keep the teachers entertained. Early in the year she apparently came out of the toilets to tell the teacher that one of the boys was being very naughty in there, apparently he was standing up! Oops, I guess we hadn't exposed her to that before!

This last ones from back in January but I've only just got around to it. Books play a pretty big part in our daily lives, so I think I might do a few more pages on the topic, they certainly seem to have some firm favourites that we read over and over again so I just might have to do a page about that!

Hope you had a great week!

5 comments:

Kylie said...

Aww totally gorgeous pics & lo's Chooky!!....Glad you had a lovely Mother's day!!

Manon Keir said...

LOL those photo's are so funny!!!
Beautiful work again and remind Allan to give you something tomorrow. We need to catch up very soon!!!!!!!

TatumW said...

those photos are too too funny...what a gorgeous smile LOL! Loving the LO's...love the mother hen one especially! I am very jealous of the autumn leaves...wish that we had a few trees like that around here! xx

Melissa Kennedy said...

gorgeous photos of you and the kids - who cares about the funny faces - they will make great scrapping later on

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Those photos are fantastic! Will is adorable!! Thanks for your comment about my cards. Loved your layout in the current Creative Paper as well ;)