Wednesday, August 17, 2011

One for them each


Master William, "a day with you is non-stop running around, general LOUDNESS, the frequent thud of balls hitting the walls, the beep of the Wii connecting, being the unwilling recipient of your sticky apple cores, picking up your abandoned shoes and socks, countless cries of 'no,' early morning snuggles and evening stories in bed and heaps and heaps of sweet kisses. Love you bud."




Lizzy spends lots of time with Gran, reading books and playing with toy animals. Gran has taught her so much about the names of each animal and the sounds they make. This layout records those memories from a couple of months ago



The journalling reads: "Gran spends lots of time teaching you the sounds that different animals make. You know puppy dogs say 'woof',' fishies go 'muh, muh, muh' and you smack your lips together. You raise your arm at an elephant and tickle yourself under the arms at a monkey, grinning and saying 'ooh, ooh' all the time. But my favourite is the frog, which you call a jump-jump. "Allo jumpy," you wave!"


This last one is from Bec's birthday. Her school has a lovely tradition where the kids can bring in cupcakes or icy-poles to share with their classmates on their birthday. There seem to be lots of birthdays in August and September, so this year I thought I'd make something a little different for her. I had spied 'cake pops' on a site called "Bakerella" whilst browsing for party ideas. They are amazing little works of art made from cake crushed into crumbs and mixed with icing, then decorated. Go check it out, like I say, amazing! Have a look at the "Pop Stars" section.

Well, they sounded easy, and it looked easy on the video clip I watched, and it was easy, right up to the decorating bit. I just could not get the beautiful, smooth, glossy finish to the candy melts that they had achieved. I have no idea how they do it. So Bec's owls were a little on the hairy side. But the kids didn't mind one bit!




The journalling says "This year we made 24 little owl cake pops to take to school for your classmates"


The papers and accents are very fittingly from the new 3 Bugs in a Rug "Bake me A Cake Range"


Thank you so much for all the lovely comments I've been receiving lately :) It's really nice to know who has been reading my little blog, and I greatly appreciate the time you take to send me a message, so thank you!

4 comments:

Sheree said...

Lovin' these super cute pages Christine! I especially love the cake pops page...gorgeous!

Sheree xx

Debbi Tehrani said...

Wonderful pages! Love your style!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous layouts...and your kiddos are too :) Can't believe how grown up Miss Lizzie is now. Tatum xx

Mardi said...

Adorable Christine....I always love your layout shares..
Mardi x