Sunday, August 14, 2011

Kiddy catch-up



My littlest poppet is now 16 months old. 16 months! Boy has that time flown by. Each month I write down a couple of pages in my notebook about what she has been getting up to.

This layout is the condensed version of where Lizzy was at last month, when she had just turned 15 months old.


The journalling says: "There's no more crawling. Size 0 or 1 clothes. You love books. Only 2 teeth. You chatter constantly. You like the phone and call it a 'hello.' You take your shoes and socks off in the car every time. You adore babies. You love 'whees' (slides and swings). You have 2 or 3 sleeps a day."

Somehow I really want to expand on all of that and include all the extra details I have recorded in my notebook. But there is just no room on here. I'll have to think of another format because I would really love to look back on that book. Any ideas?

Incidently, teeth numbers 3 and 4 arrived over the weekend, some 6 months after the first 2. Late arrivals! Poor little poppet, she didn't sleep so well the past few days, they must have been bothering her.


And the beautiful papers? They are the 'Rosy' branch of My Minds Eye Lost and Found II along with my favourite Kaisercraft product of all time, the Doily rub-ons. You can find them here and here. I love this time of year when all the gorgeous new scrapbooking products start hitting Australia. A new set of beautiful papers is always very inspiring to me!

More pretty new papers, Kaisercraft Miss Nelly. I am loving vintage florals right now and these shades of green, teal and hot pink are so happy and vibrant! I liked them with this pic of Lizzy with that humungous flower perched on top of her little head. Needless to say, it didn't remain there for long!


The journalling says "You've been saying 'pretty' since you were only 10 months old. Now, at 16 months, 'pretty' is what you call a flower. Then you lean forward, crinkle your nose and take a big sniff. It's so cute!"


Oh, she is a sweetheart. She is learning so much right now. It is so much fun to play with her, to have her snuggle up on your lap to share a book or just to sit back and listen to her happy banter. These are surely special days :)



This one is just a fun one of Bec and Will.


The journalling says: "I don't know what she's doing either mate. Sometimes it's best just to laugh!"

She really is just a little bit crazy sometimes. But she's always fun. We were at the Botanic Gardens. I think she was pretending to be a lion or someting to make Lizzy laugh.

I set a challenge over at Scrapboutique to use up some of your sticker stash. A few months back I was lucky enough to win a gorgeous pack of goodies from Aussie Scrap Source which contained lots of stickers, so I've used up some of them here. If you would like to join in the challenge you can check out the details here. Upload your entry by the 31st August to be in the running for a $10 gift voucher.





Right There. I love that spot on the back of Lizzy's neck. It just begs to be kissed or tickled. She loves that, when you gently tickle circles on the back of her neck. She stops what she is doing, leans slightly forward with her shoulders hunched up a bit to stop herself from giggling. As soon as you stop she says "more?" I just can't resist, especially when she is wearing this particular little onesie :)




The journalling says: "That spot, where tiny whisps of hair rest upon your soft, smooth skin is irresistable. I just have to kiss it every time!"


Have a happy week!


9 comments:

kathie said...

I do so love your heart that shines through in all your pages. That bottom layout made my eyes get all misty. And the third one made me laugh - particularly the journaling. I can just picture you saying it :)

Jules said...

you always do the most meaningful pages christine! they are all just beautiful and i simply ADORE the papers in the first one!! WOW.. you combine elements so well... :) x

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Such beautiful projects, Christine! I love the MME Lost & Found 2 - might have to get me some of that. I have been meaning to take note of my little Asher and the things he gets up to but he's now 21 months and I still haven't done it (bad mum aren't I)? I really should do it, I know I'll regret that one day. I just love the page of Bec and Will, that is so funny! Happy birthday to your sweet Bec too for last week!

Karen said...

Love the journalling on the Crazy Daily layout, cracked me up!
I love your first layout, so pretty. Perhaps you could do a second side to make it a double with coordinating papers and then record all of the extra details you don't want to miss on there?

Nikki xx said...

Mental note.....I soooo need to keep up to date with you! I can't believe how big Miss Lizzy is now....where has that little bubba gone? All three of your cherubs look so beautiful and happy Christine.
And I could not agree with Kathie any more....out of all of my scrapping friend, no-one records details any better than you do. What a beautiful gift,
I hope all is well with you gorgeous girl. xxx

Sarah said...

I've been following your blog for a few years and I absoulutely adore your work!
This blog was especially inspiring because not only did your work inspire but your beautiful family brings the biggest smile to my face. I feel like I have been watching them grow along with you... it makes me want a family of my own so very much.
Thanks for being so open in your sharing

SueP said...

These are all gorgeous Christine, loving all your paper and colour combos....inspiring they are!!

Sheree said...

Beautiful work as always Christine! I love that there's always a story to be told on your pages!

Sheree xx

Sue Allen said...

Love your LO of Lizzie at 15 months - can't wait to get my hands on MME Lost & Found II. absolutely gorgeous work ;)