Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Style Lounge

Aussie Scrap Source is running a fantastic challenge comp at the moment where you create a layout based on their designer's style. This week they featured Kathie Link, and I am a huge fan of her 'playful' creations. They are always happy, bright and fun and enormously inspiring. Here's my take on Kathie's style:





The journalling reads: "You are really attracted to cars and trains Lizzy. "Brum, brum" you say as you scoot about the floor pushing them along in front of you"

Oh, she LOVES that car! Gran and Pop have a couple that are similar at their place which she plays with every day. Bec decided that it would be a good idea to get her one for home for her birthday present, and this is the one she chose for her - she could not have picked better!


This next layout was inspired by last weeks "Shabby Chic" style that Janine Koczwara does so beautifully. I didn't finish it in time for the comp, but no matter. I've got a bit of a thing for vintage floral papers at the moment so I couldn't go past these ones by Girls Paperie, plus yellow always takes me to a happy place :)




The journalling reads "I can tell already that you are going to have a great sense of humour. You always manage to laugh in just the right spots and you have a wickedly cheeky grin!"


Hee hee, love that pic, it is SO Lizzy! I'm pleased to use up a few of those ancient wooden letters too!


6 comments:

Jules said...

Love them christine! great colour combinations on them both and i just adore the vintagey floral too ... :)) x

kathie said...

Heehee, great use of Crate's Toy Box :). I had two layouts using it that I could equally have posted for that article. Isn't it such a fun range? Love your playful style :)

And gorgeous shabby chic. But with your style stamped all over it too.

Lynette Jacobs said...

This is beautiful...I love the soft color palettes.

Fran said...

Oooh I love these!!

Fran xx

Sheree said...

Awww...they're both adorable pages Christine! Love 'em!

Sheree xx

Sasha Farina said...

your layouts make me so happy, my friend.. i need happy now.. so thank you. *hugs*