Tuesday, February 22, 2011

On Your Bookshelf

The kids are doing a reading challenge at school at the moment. Basically the whole of the junior school have to read 550,000 pages between all the students in 2 weeks to earn the right to humiliate the head of the junior school by dunking him in a water tank or sliming him or something along those lines. Whatever the prize is, it works beautifully to motivate them and they have their little heads buried in delightful stories most of the afternoon.

Anyway, it prompted me to scrap this photo of the most popular stories on our bookshelf. We have so many books, purchasing new ones is a great weakness of mine, but these select few are the ones that we read over and over again, they are the ones the kids know by heart and they will always have a special place in my heart.



Journaling reads: "Your favourite story is "The Gruffalo" or any of the books by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler - we have them all! You love to snuggle next to me and listen. You know most of these by heart. I love it when you join in and read along with me"

7 comments:

Sheree said...

Love it Christine! So cute! Love the colours...and such a great idea to scrap what's on the bookshelf!

Sheree xx

Mardi said...

What a gorgeous layout Christine...love love love it!
Mardi x

Karen Shady said...

this is soooo cute... what a great idea. and I love LOLA !!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh golly! I really love this Christine!!! I am so into those Charlie and Lola illustrations - they look so cool and funky! I am a shocker with books too - I have sooooooo many for the kids it's actually disturbing. But it is all good of course! It's just funny that they have more books than the library! ROFL! I really love your layout!!! :D

Leanne said...

OH!! I love th Gruffalo! That's a great book. :) Gorgeous LO too...x

kathie said...

Oh this is too cute for words Christine. I think I might have to take a similar photo of Jamie's fav books. I hadn't thought to do that!

Love the (is it Lola?) figure at the bottom.

D said...

What a fabulous idea! I love the cute little Lola you used in it :)