Bec happily went up to the "Junior School" to start Year 1. She was excited and keen to be going back to see her friends and find out who was in her class. She had a great morning and was disappointed to have to leave the playground to go home.
Will, my reluctant school boy who has been telling me for months that he didn't want to go to school surprised me. I had expected tears and a little barnacle attached to my leg, but he got himself dressed quite happily, walked with us to take Bec into her class and only then got a bit clingy and wanted to be carried.
By the time we got down to his classroom he was obviously nervous, but quite attracted by the assortment of activities they had prepared for the pre-K kiddies. He had a wonderful morning, building towers with blocks, doing jigsaw puzzles, kicking balls, playing in the sandpit, climbing and doing playdough. He happily ate morning tea and headed back outside for more play.
When it was time to go get Bec he didn't want to come. He said it had only been 2 hours and I had told him he would go to school for 6 hours. Apparently I was welcome to come back in another 4 hours to get him! Tomorrow Little Man. Tomorrow will be the big test, probably much bigger for me than for him. I am going to miss him so badly, but I am so thrilled that he enjoyed it so much. He even told daddy that he "had great fun" when he called him afterwards. I couldn't have hoped for a better start for him :)
3 comments:
Oh that's a wonderful start to the year Christine. My little boy started Kinder this year too. he cried and stuck to me last year at the orientations but like Will, he did okay on the day.
The photos brought a tear to my eye Christine. Isn't amazing how quickly the children have grown. Both Sophie and Will at school!!! They both look gorgeous in their uniforms! Lizzy looks quite at home at school as well.
Awesome piccies! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog to for Get Picky! :D
Post a Comment