Sunday, February 27, 2011

Get Picky February Inspiration

Here is the Get Picky inspiration photo for this month:



And here's the layout I created based on the photo:

The journaling reads: "Becca, I am often told by your teachers and other parents from school that you are a very caring and compassionate girl. I see it at home too, in the way you look after your little brother and sister. You make me so proud hun"


I loved the colours in this photo, the blues, whites and pinks combined with that hint of warmth from the candle flames. It is such a pretty, feminine photograph. I tried to portray that feeling in my layout by creating a delicate ruffled border made from an old sewing pattern and also through the use of the beautiful Pink Paislee papers depicting intricate lace and gorgeous floral blooms. Lastly, I added a sprinkling of butterflies to represent the petals strewn across the bed.

Upload a photo of your layout to the Get Picky website by the 13th March if you want to be in with a chance to be the Guest designer for next month.

7 comments:

Sheree said...

Absolutely beautiful page Christine! Stunning!

Sheree xx

Yvette Adams said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Christine! I love the texture that the dressmakers paper brings!

Leanne said...

Mmmmmm!!! Love it!! It is simply divine!

Chic said...

I love your take on the Inspiration prompt. Although busy I like the look its still ahas of negative blue space. Very sweet.

Lea said...

Oh Christine this is just so lovely. The ruffle is goroeous as are the photos. So cute!

kathie said...

This is so sweet Christine. I love that blue paper in the pack, and the soft ruffle around the edge is beautiful. In fact, I've put it in the back of my mind as something I'd like to try. Now I just have to work out how to make it work on a boy page :)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful page Christine.