
Becca chose to dress up as the Little White Rabbit from her favourite book "The Terrible Plop" by Ursula Dubosarsky for Bookweek this year. We made chocolate muffins because the rabbits munch on chocolate cake in the story (it was a good excuse!) This book is also a favourite of mine, I love reading it to the kids because the rhythm is so fun and the illustrations are gorgeous. I initially picked it up because I was attracted by the cover. I must confess that as a child I always picked a book by its cover, and even though I know you shouldn't, I have never outgrown doing so. I was so pleased to see this book shortlisted this year, it's really sweet!

This one uses a couple of photos taken when Lizzy was 2 weeks old by Creative Image Photography. When Lizzy was born I was determined that I would really enjoy her as a baby rather than wishing away the seemingly never-ending sleepless nights. It took me until my third baby to realise how quickly the newborn phase passes and how precious every little moment is. And I really have enjoyed her. The nerves were gone and I felt very relaxed and confident with her. She is such a little sweetie. Journaling reads "Having a newborn in the house is such an amazingly enjoyable time. She is the sweetest little darling. This time I am so conscious of how quickly time passes and how fleeting this newborn phase is. I'm making sure I enjoy and appreciate it all. I'm holding tight to every little moment"
I tried my hand at making the little flower by singeing the edges of fabric circles. It turned out kind of cute I think!
Hope you've had a good week!
8 comments:
hehe very adventurous with the white (I am being cheeky, sorry lol)...Becca looks so cute in her outfit. And I love your layout about Lizzy. You are so right - the newborn phase goes by so quickly. We should take the time to enjoy it rather than wishing that stage away.
Both beautiful pages Christine! I just love the photos of you and little Lizzy...adorable!
Sheree xx
Becca looks so sweet in her costume. Did you do the face painting?
Gorgeous layouts, both of them.
Wow, gorgeous pages, your photo says it all, PRECIOUS!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!
Well you definitely rock the white as much as the kraft!!
Im such a white addict....so I know how it feels to be drawn to one colour constantly.
Gorgeous layouts.....and photos...very inspiring..
Mardi x
Thank you for popping by my blog and the lovely comment!! Your DD looks so cute in her bunny outfit:) Gorgeous LO's and especially love your LO of Lizzy & the journalling - so true!
Cute flowre indeed! And I can really relate to that journaling It took me until my 4th baby to realise that & she is now 10 & I am still hanging on her every word because I know how overnight kids can just find their independence & stop wanting to really "talk" to you lol!
you're making me want another baby. i dont think my heart can take it. lol.q
Post a Comment