- This is making me really happy today, I can't help smiling every time I glance at the wall.
I just picked up the photos from Myer this week and spent a few hours yesterday matting them and putting them into the frames. I am so, so happy with the result! I'm ashamed to say that with the exception of a couple of pics on the fridge, they are the only photos of our children on display in our whole house. I love them so much though! The flowers are from Andy too *big smiles* especially when he melted my heart by walking into the house later and commenting on how much he loved the smell of the liliums because they reminded him of Bec when she was a baby and our wedding and our first 'home' together in Dalyellup (oh I miss that place!). Liliums are my favourite flowers and he has given me bunches of them on all those occasions, with the pink gerberas as well. What a sweetie!
- Today hosted my first ever Tupperware party and it was really quite a lovely way to spend the day, plus I'm getting a few new things to jazz up my pantry! (Although, I was a bit embarressed when the lady looked and commented that there was not one single Tupperware container in there!) The kids and I made these patty cakes this morning and decorated them with the sweetest little penguins that I picked up from the lolly shop when I was in Berrima a few weeks back. My girls Pat Cash hair-do makes me smile too ;)
- I have a very crafty little lady in the house, and it makes me happy to find little creations like this autumn leaf easter bunny on the kitchen table. She continually amazes me by coming up with her own ideas to make these things and the only assistance she accepts is for me to retrieve the gear she requests, (in this case, the scissors and blue paper).
- I often find the boy lying on the floor, running a train back and forth in front of him. I love how much pleasure he gets from his trains and I love how he can play so independently with them.
- I adore this brand new necklace that my dear little sister gave me yesterday. Thanks so much Chella, it is 'very me' and I will treasure it always.
- I love it that these 2 can get so much joy out of 30 cents worth of fancy cocktail straws. Listening to their sweet laughter makes me very happy.
- I love looking at these 2 not-so-delightful creatures that have been sitting on my kitchen window sill growing rather green for the last few weeks. We are waiting for them to grow horns, just like the ones in Pamela Allen's book "The Potato People" which Bec loves, possibly just because it provided another craft opportunity ;)

What's making you happy today?
5 comments:
LOVE those photos on your wall!! And your Bec sounds like my eldest in her crafty pursuits - Madison has a great eye for colour and great at ideas too.
LOL at the potato ppl - how sweet!
What made me happy today? Naptime :). Thank you so much for cheering me up yesterday. I was having a hard time.
Love, love, love those photos on the wall!
The pics on the wall look fantastic Christine! You must be thrilled. :)
can i ask where did your sister got the necklace from? gorgeous!!
ohhh I do love that necklace
xx
Post a Comment