Monday, January 23, 2012

Project Life Week 2

Week 2 was a busy one. It's still school holidays so there's lots going on and we managed to escape to the coast over the weekend too. I had so many photos that I added an extra 8.5x11" page just to record everything. I'm sure that once school goes back I'll hardly have any photos at all (or they will all be of Lizzy!)


On the left side:



Bec is completely obsessed by "Annie" and she is planning a concert for us. Poor Will has been dragged into their bedroom for at least an hour each day this week to rehearse. I am not welcome, there has been a sign on the door to ask me to "plese keep out."

Fairly early in the week I came across a handwritten piece of paper on the floor of the kids bedroom. I read it and will admit that I was initially a little shaken. Bec had written "Nobody cares when your dreams get creepy, nobody cares if you grow or if you shrink. Nobody cares if your eyes are wet and weepy from crying......." It completely threw me - I distinctly recall thinking "what is my daughter going through, I didn't know she was feeling like this." I kept reading and suddenly I recognised the words and realised that she had written out the lines for the song "It's the hard-knock life." I was reading a script for their concert and unknowingly I had started reading at page 2. Phew! So the top left pocket contains a scanned copy her handwritten script.

Liz has moved on from watching "Iggle Piggle" this week. Her new favourite is Winnie the Pooh. The other kids have enjoyed watching with her too.

We had a trip to an indoor playground with cousins, a playdate with old friends and Andy and I even went out for dinner and a movie (that only happens a couple of times a year!) Will has been enjoying the Wii these holidays and was very proud of himself for making Pro at tennis. He actually asked me to take a photo of him!


I used an Ali Edwards thankful thought template for the pic of the 3 kids in the bath. I am truly grateful that they are still little enough to wash together.


The right page:




Bec bought Charlie bird a new toy which he loves. We took a bus ride to the public library. All 3 kids were SO excited about the bus ride and Will borrowed the same book about the continents for about the 10th time. He's still loving his geography.





Lizzy is really enjoying playing with Bec's doll house at the moment. I bought her a little playground add-on for it this week. We've got home-grown zucchini coming out our ears (anyone have any good recipes?), I finally convinced the kids that it was time for the Christmas tree to come down. We finished the puzzle that we started at the beach. The 2 bottom photos are of a craft activity I did with Bec this week. She loves craft and decided that she wanted to make a toadstool for her fairies. So we searched Pinterest and found this cute one.


The extra page for our trip to the beach:



It was a beautiful weekend. Spent cuddling my dear husband on the beach and just watching my beautiful family playing and laughing. My idea of bliss.



On Saturday night Bec and Will drew pictures of watching Pooh Bear, playing putt putt golf and of the gang gang cockatoos that we saw in the dunes.


We found lots of hermit crabs and pretty shells, ate lots of fish & chips and just generally had a wonderful time!

That was our week, thanks for coming by!

2 comments:

Sasha Farina said...

your PL is one of my favorite among ALL, christine!! very high on my list! .. and LOL on the song lyric.. i would be shaken as well!

xoxo

Lizzy Hill said...

You have been soooo busy... but this is just fantastic - great record of 'life' & lots of variety. Glad B wasn't having an early teen crisis! And the cricket LO is really, really great - doesn't look crowded, even with the 4 photos:):)