Thursday, January 12, 2012

Project Life 2012

Back in November last year I realised that I wanted to switch up my scrapbooking a bit. I felt that I wasn't recording the details of our everyday enough, the kids are growing up so fast, their quirks and routines are changing so quickly and I'm not keeping up with documenting the stories. And I want to record those stories. Enter Project Life. I'd seen this system around before and inspired by a teacher at school who does the digi version, I jumped in and ordered the Clementine kit. It was my Christmas present to myself :)

The scrapping world is buzzing with Project Life at the moment, so there is heaps of inspiration and I am so excited to begin this journey. I've spent way to much time the last couple of weeks playing around with digi journalling cards from Paislee Press and Hello Forever, learning lots of little photoshop tricks along the way.

So here's my Week 1 spread, I'm going Monday through Sunday, but included New Years Day this week too:




I'm not caring too much about how it all co-ordinates together, I'm just filling one pocket at a time with it's own little story.





The New Year started with a drive to temora to catch up with a good friend from our days at uni and in WA while he was over this side of the country. We met at the local pool which was a great choice as it was a HOT day. The kids all feel asleep on the way home *awesome* and I may have even snuck a little kip myself ;)




The kids did some playing under the sprinklers, I scanned one of Bec's drawings and recorded all the places we visited this week.




Will was given this Lego house kit for Christmas from Gran and Pop. He built it one morning and Lizzy is the one that wants to play. She grabs a Lego man and walks him up the steps, counting. It's the same every time, she misses number 4 and 7 and 8. Not just with the Lego either. At the pool on New Years Day she did it that way too as she counted before jumping into the water. I tried correcting her and get the "No 4!" response. She'll work it out in her own good time. This was a freebie digi page I downloaded and played with from Pink Paislee. My first digi page, and it was super easy with the fantastic tutorial they have too! I'm sure I'll be including some more of these.



Wednesday we drove out of town to my high school friends farm. She was on a 2 week visit from Las Vegas so it was fantastic to catch up with her and he little man before they went back.




My grandma had been visiting in Canberra so we went to my sister's place to say goodbye to her. Miss you Ma.



Andy bought the kids a bee suit for Christmas so they can 'help' him with the bees yard. Bec particularly loves being involved with this.



Lastly, the highlight of Bec's week was definitely her trip to Sydney with Gran and Pop. They went up to see the musical theatre production of Annie. Bec LOVED the show and is completely obsessed at the moment. They thoroughly spoiled her with rides on the monorail, trains, the ferry and a trip to the Sydney aquarium where she was awestruck by the dugongs and lush.


And new sandals for Lizzy - her feet have grown!



And that was our week, I can tell I'm going to love this system!


7 comments:

Moira said...

Love it! I love how everyone's PL looks different despite us all starting with the same basic stuff. I'm just sticking with handwriting all my journalling, because that's what's simplest for me, but I love the look of yours with a mix of typed and handwritten, and all the mini prints. Do you print at home or at a shop?

Lizzy Hill said...

This is a great idea---- hope you can keep it up:):)

Sheree said...

It's looking fantastic Christine! Such a great way to record the everyday!

Sheree xx

Yvette Adams said...

We are going to see Annie this weekend!

The first week of your album looks fantastic! So much to look at!

kathie said...

I can see why so many people are participating in this! I'm struggling with how I'm going to record memories this year as I don't seem to have much time to scrapbook. At the moment I'm doing my photo a day and recording a little sentence or two against each one. But something like this would be ideal!

Melanie B said...

Looks great Christine.
Can I ask did you buy one of the PL card sets or are you making your own??!!

Mel xx

Jane said...

I have been following your blog for awhile and I love your style. Your PL album looks fantastic and I am still finishing mine from last year - great memories and the kids love looking through it. You will love the journey - goodluck with it! can I ask - do you print at home or at a shop - love the look of the smaller photos and the square ones. did you buy the whole kit or just parts of one. Jane SA