
Week 4 was about chores and pocket money. My journalling says: "You kids are a bit little for chores yet, but I do try to encourage you to help me out by putting your dirty washing in the laundry basket. Some days even that liitle job seems to be too much for you. Instead, you have (rather successfully) trained your baby sister to do it for you. I can't ever remember trying to con my sisters into doing my chores for me. Or perhaps I did try, but no one was willing to take on the somewhat unappealing task of cleaning the bathrooms and toilets. Whilst I would prefer that you would put your own clothes out to wash, I will admit that I have to admire your resourcefulness!"

We've had a super busy week with several very late nights at school doing "Learning Journeys" for both Bec and Will. The children have an hour to take their families on a tour of their classrooms and their specialist classrooms, showing us all they have been working on. They even treated us to a beautiful music recital. They are such beautiful evenings, full of tremendous excitement on behalf of the children because they are at school at night time! As a parent, it is so wonderful to watch your child proudly show off their rapidly developing leadership skills. Will's class lead us on a bushwalk by torch-light on his evening. The kids were so thrilled when they were joined by the junior school principal dressed up in a possum suit! Their teachers put in so much effort to make it such a special and memorable event.
Finally, the school week was finished off for Bec last night with a school disco. As a member of the school council she had worked hard organising the disco and making decorations for the hall, so it was a very exciting night for her! Needless to say all 3 children are very tired this weekend with all those late nights!
I hope you've had a great week!
4 comments:
Fantastic pages as always Christine! I did have a giggle about the chores page. The learning journey nights sound like a lot of fun too!
Sheree xx
gorgeous layouts Christine and such special photos.
Have a great weekend.
Cherie xoxox
Hi, Just discovered your blog! How fun! I am having a giveaway for some free digital scrapbooking software from My Memories. com. The giveaway ends Sept. 13. Check out my website here: http://just4rambling.blogspot.com
Have a great day. Nola
I adore that top LO! What a great memory to document too.
And LOL @ the delegation of your older 2 - heehee!
Post a Comment