Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Grub!

My big girl turned 5 yesterday! The years seem to have flown by and she is getting so big and grown up all too quickly. We had a party at home on Sunday with lots friends and and family. She was all set for a fairy themed party but changed her mind to a ladybird party when it came time to choose a cake design. So we had a ladybird cake with purple spots (I had very specific instructions there) and a ladybird craft activity all set up for the kids to enjoy. It was cold but they all seemed to have lots of fun. Here are a few pics from her party and opening her presents yesterday.




She was totally spoilt with lots of gorgeous presents. Aunty Chelle and Suze gave her a Fisher Price "Cool School" computer keyboard which has been an absolute favourite. Both Bec and Will have been playing virtually non-stop since she got it. They seem to love the art centre best. She is also thrilled with her new hair crimper, so now she can be even more like her idol Bindi with her crimped pigtails. Unfortunately I could only find a mini crimper, but she's pretty happy with it anyway.



Amongst other things she also got some new DVD's, beautiful books, some games, a really pretty dress from Gran and Pop and 2 gorgeous new doona covers and sheet sets to go with her brand new bed from Nan and Pop. She is a very lucky girl. We finished off her birthday celebrations last night with dinner at the Labour Club at her request! We haven't been there for a whole year, but somehow she remembered and that is where she asked to go.

Scrapping wise, I've had a few cards and this layout about my Ma and Pa on the Kaisercraft blog this week. Make sure you head over there if you're looking for tips on creating heritage style layouts, they have some good advice.




I've been going through lots of Mum's old photos lately and have pulled out a few of me when I was younger to scrap. This is the first I've played with. It was a pretty quick one, but I'm pleased to have it in my album. I absolutely loved that T-shirt. No real reason except that Grandpa gave it to me.



Are you happy now Suey that I've pulled my finger out and posted a few pics for you!
;)
xx

4 comments:

Sheree said...

Looks like one very happy little birthday girl! Happy to hear she had such a lovely day Christine.

Great cards and a beautiful heritage layout! Love the shirt layout too.. looks fantastic!

Sheree xx

Yvette Adams said...

I love how you've scrapped the your childhood photos! I love scrapping old photos. :)

Happy Birthday Bec!

Leanne said...

Happy Birthday to your dd! That cake looks fantastic! (btw - we live 20mins from Bindi and Aust Zoo!) I'll give a wave next time we go past...LOL!

Loving the lo's too! Can see the resemblence between you and your kids as well! Too sweet...

Sasha Farina said...

happy birthday pretty girl.. love your hair all crimped up. you're gorgeous anyway... :) *hugs* pls hug your mama for me, okay? :)