Sunday, August 23, 2009

Just us girls

It's been just us girls at home this last week. The boys have been down at the farm planting trees, feeding lambs and catching mice (eek!). Bec and I have had a lovely time together. We've been out for dinner a couple of nights, she absolutely loved going to Hogs Breath Cafe - those piggy tail fries were a big hit! She had a birthday party for a school friend on Saturday at Cherry Seed which was just divine. The kids enjoyed yummy cupcakes and then were captivated by the fairy lady that told them stories and kept them thoroughly entertained for over an hour. Here's my girl with her pretty flower balloon.


We've had lots of fun, although we do miss the boys terribly and look forward to them coming home on Wednesday. I found this sweet photo when I downloaded the camera this morning. Andy must have taken it :) It was a nice surprise!


I've a couple of scrapbook pages to share. The first is of the beautiful Miss Sophie from when she stayed with us a couple of weeks back. Isn't she cute?


And this one's of Will's obsession with the stepping stones that used to be outside the front door of Bec's school. The boy was physically incapable of walking past them without having to jump on every one on both the way into school and again on the way out of school. Some days when I was running late it would frustrate me to wait for him, but now they've moved them and I really miss his little ritual. I don't know why, but I felt like doing a really scruffy sort of layout. Threads hanging off, rough edges, lots of texture. And I'm not really sure what possessed me to add that feather or all those random brads, but they were sitting on my desk from some craft Bec was doing and I just couldn't help myself ;)


This last one's from the Kaiser blog this week, using the Loire Valley collection. Even now, a couple of months later, he still doesn't quite get the concept of gender and still frequently refers to girls as "he's". It's pretty cute.


Have a great week!

7 comments:

Fran said...

Loving those LO's (and lurve the 'scruffy' one!LOL).
THat is the cutest photo of the kids!

Fran xx

Sheree said...

Hi Christine! Gorgeous layouts as always! Don't you love finding those unexpected pics on your camera...such a nice surprise. :)

Sheree xx

Anonymous said...

I love that you used lace on a boy page! Looks fabulous.

Samantha Hauzer said...

Gorgeous layouts Christine! I really love that Stepping Stones page, it's awesome!

lisa said...

"Do you know your children? I really love Bec so much and I love your pups that I give to you at Christmas. I love the picture because it was so cute. I don;t know why you really live so far away?" Love Sophie

lisa said...

I do miss you and I really love you and I don't really like it when you go away and sometimes I really miss you. You don't live close to me but I know you live in Canberra and you can't see you every day. and I really know sometimes you go to school sometimes adn I really don't know when you are coming to Nan and Pops. Nan is going to bring you Bec to Nan and Pops and Aunty Christine. Love you Sophie
(Sorry about the dribble but Sophie is really missing you all at the moment!!!!)

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Gorgeous layouts as always Christine! I love the Stepping Stones one - I love the little stories you tell on your pages.