Saturday, July 25, 2009

Saturday Sketch and another eventful week..

This week's seen poor Will take a trip to emergency at our local hospital having trouble breathing. He had a nasty fever and his dear little chest was sucking right in when he tried to breathe out. It's so scary seeing your baby struggle for air like that. It came on so quickly. Turns out he was suffering from croup. He was just thoroughly miserable. Thankfully today, 3 whole days later his breathing has finally returned to normal today and his general temperament has improved along with it (yay!)


On a brighter note, I've done a bit of scrapping. I did this weeks Saturday Sketch challenge at Kaisercraft. Pop over here to see the original sketch. This is my take on it using the new Duchess paper range. The big circle on the sketch wasn't working for me so I swapped it out for a rectangle with rounded corners. I love that border stamp though!





I've got another busy week ahead of me. I'm madly trying to finish off my Master's entry for Scrapbooking Memories, and then I've got Bec's birthday party to organise for next Sunday! I can't believe my little girl is turning 5!

Hope you have a good week!

6 comments:

Sheree said...

So happy to hear that little Will is all ok. It's so scary when they fall ill isn't it?

Great layout Christine! Love that pic.

Sheree xx

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

What a relief to read that Will is ok. That sounds pretty scary Christine. I haven't experienced an emergency with Jai yet *touch wood* but heaven forbid what would happen if I did!!

Good luck with your masters! I decided to enter this year (my first attempt). I struggled to get mine in the post but eventually it was sent on Friday.

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

sorry I forgot to say that I love your interpretation of the sketch! I had to pop into your blog to have a looksie because it's not showing up for me on the kaiser blog (is it for you)? I love what you did with the rectangle instead of a square! Great idea :D

kathie said...

Isn't it awful watching them struggle for air? Horrible. I'm so glad to hear that he's OK.

Good luck with the SM entry :)

Samantha Hauzer said...

Hey Christine! Glad to hear your little one is ok. It's so scary when they're that sick. I love your layout, it looks so different to mine even though we used the same paper range. Good luck with your Masters entry!

Leanne said...

So glad to hear your little man is feeling much better! I can't imagine what seeing that would have been like! It's so hard to watch them and know you cant breathe for them too.

Good luck with your masters entry. I'm sure you stand a good chance!