Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A quiet house again

We've been so lucky the last few weeks to have Andy's sister and her family stay with us. It's been gloriously noisy and fun with non-stop activities. My kids have been in heaven playing with their cousins and being entertained by their Aunt and Uncle. Aunty Lisa showed Bec some new craft activities, and she made this sweet tissue paper garden on the weekend. I like this idea so much I might have to copy it myself ;)




It really has been such an enjoyable couple of weeks. I'm so grateful that they stayed with us rather than in a hotel. I love that we got to spend more time with them and learn their routines and all the little things that the kids like and don't like (Campbell has a very good arm for throwing peas!). We would have missed all of that if they'd just been dropping in for a play or a meal. These pics were snapped at the airport when they were leaving. Bec and Sophie were very co-operative, but the boys gave me great difficulty. Actually, it was probably just my boy that was the trouble, so sorry Nanny, this is the best of a bad bunch, but there are more of the girls coming you way next week!




Poor Will's run of bad luck has continued this week. He took a tumble one morning and landed on his face. I thought he was ok and just put his tooth through his lip, but it turns out that he must have hit his tooth as well. Unfortunately one of his front top teeth has suddenly turned a rather nasty shade of grey the last few days. So we went off to the dentist and they said there's nothing they can do, it will go black and we just have to hope that the next tooth hasn't been damaged as well. I'm a bit sad about it, he had such sweet little baby teeth :(

I haven't done much scrapping these fast few weeks, it's been kind of nice to have a little break and get all inspired to create again. This first one is of Will last month when he discovered that he could spell his name. I thought it was so cute, so I had to scrap it!



And I did this one for this weeks Kaisercraft Saturday Sketch challenge. The photo is from our trip to the beach in January this year.



Hope you had a great week
xx

7 comments:

Sheree said...

Great layouts Christine! The one about Will spelling his name is too cute!!! Love it.

Sheree xx

Fran said...

That W.I.eleven is a classic!! So funny.
And my Claire has that exact dress that Bec has on! (is it weird to notice things like that??LOL)

Fran xx

Yvette Adams said...

w.i.eleven. That's priceless! That's exactly the kind of thing I love to scrapbook. Imagine if you weren't a scrapbooker and that gorgeous piece of info was lost forever!

Both your layouts are gorgeous. :)

kathie said...

It sounds like you had a great time with the family around the last few weeks. The photos are wonderful.
I'm sorry to hear about Will's tooth. Hopefully the one that will come through will be OK. But I can understand your disappointment.

Love that layout of W.I.eleven! So clever.

Renee said...

Gorgeous layouts Christine. Will is such a cutie, and w.i.eleven is so adorable.

Renee xox

Maryanne Ridgway said...

hi chrstine, bothe LOs are gorgeous, but the w.1.eleven is sucha cute story!
saw your LO in the new CK today and its just fab.As always I think your layouts are fantastic.

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Really gorgeous layouts and photos Christine! Love the one about Will spelling his name! Happy birthday to your big girl too - another Leo (mine was the 7th) ;D