Friday, June 26, 2009

Uh oh!

I had a very expensive cup of coffee last week and I didn't even get to drink it. Yep, clever ol' me knocked the entire cup onto my laptop. And when I say knocked, I mean I really couldn't have got more on it if I picked up my mug and poured it on. Oops :( Coffee was gushing out the bottom and the screen went black and blue and pixelated before my eyes. Uh oh, that can't be good, I was really fearing the worst. Thankfully I had backed up everything a few days earlier, so I certainly wasn't as devastated as I could have been. Anyway, a week later it's all dried out and starting to work again. Mostly anyway. Lots of letters don't work, but we got around that by plugging in another keyboard. Who knew they were so resilient? It has a beautiful aroma too. Lucky I don't take sugar!

So I'm a bit late posting my take on the June Simple Sketch challenge at Kaisercraft. Here's the original sketch

And my version:


Upload your entries to the gallery here!

8 comments:

Manon Keir said...

Uh Oh!!So lucky you had backed up everything!!! Beautiful beautful LO Chook!! One more week.... woohoo!!!

Yvette Adams said...

Oh dear! How awful, but it sounds like you're lucky it's starting to work again! And the aroma, what a bonus. :)

This layout is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

LLOOOOVE your sketch! And you know I love that LO!
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek when I read about the coffee - so glad you still have it all (or most of it).
xx

Samantha Hauzer said...

I always dread the thought of spilling something on my computer. I cant believe yours is still working! And I love your layout, totally gorgeous!

Sasha Farina said...

whoopsie! so glad it still works! :D

Anonymous said...

Any progress with that new computer?
x

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Hi Christine,
I know you've been having computer probs - hope you get it sorted soon! Just wanted to say I love your June sketch layout. Those photos are brilliant!!

Meredith said...

Oh what stunning photos!! Gorgeous!!