So much has happened in the last few weeks. My beautiful sister was diagnosed with breast cancer, so I've been spending lots of time with my family, just hanging out together and being there for each other. She's so brave and she makes me so proud with her positive outlook and the way that she can still be so caring and mindful of everyone else's emotions when she is the one that is hurting so much. She's got a really rough path ahead of her but I believe in my heart that she is strong enough to beat this. She has to.
The kids have been wonderful. Bec's almost finished her 3 weeks of school holidays and is looking forward to starting back again on Monday. We've had Nan and Pop come visit for a week, which was just fantastic, we all enjoyed their stay so much. I am now the proud owner of a brand new timber deck, a fridge that doesn't need a shove with your knee to shut it and a tap that doesn't leak - thank you so much Pop! And I am so grateful for Nan for keeping the kids so happily entertained with non-stop craft activities and games. I really do enjoy their visits.
I also got to join my dear friends Manon and Lucrecia on a scrapping weekend run by the gorgeous Chelsea from Scrapboutique. We stayed at the most glorious resort, with the most delightful outdoor spa overlooking a magnificent piece of forest. I met some lovely people and had a fantastic time, the food was absolutely delicious and we were all kept thoroughly busy and inspired with challenges.
I only finished two layouts, but I made lots of progress on some off the page projects I've been working on. It might not sound like much, but I felt very productive! Thank you so much Chelsea, I really did have a wonderful time :)


Anyway, it's been a pretty tough couple of weeks, and I've got so many jobs to catch up on, so I'm going to leave it there and get stuck into some much neglected housework.
Take care, and have a good week,
Christine xx
9 comments:
Woohoo, you're back!! I had a wonderful time as well. Was so nice to spend a weekend together!! Love your gorgeous LO's Chook but.... where's the pic of us in the spa ;)
Really love these two layouts!! Some of my favourite papers there!!
Thinking of you and your family and sister with the road ahead. Sounds like you are doing just the right stuff to support her.
hi christine
thanks so much for your lovely comment.
Wishing your sister all the best, hopefully her treatment is successful!such a terrible thing, cancer.It really scares the heck out of me! fingers crossed for your sister!God bless.
Oh Chook - so sorry to hear about your sister. Will keep your family in my thoughts and I'm sure she will get through this too.
Fran xx
So glad to see you back online!!!
And so sorry to read about your sister. :( Not the year for our sisters really. :( I hope and pray your sister has the same result as mine.
My folks are coming over next week, but unfortunately my Dad isn't as handy as your FIL!
Looks like a wonderful retreat place - can I admit that I'm a teensy bit jealous? I would love to have gone with you guys.
Your layouts look fab!
lots of huge hugs for you sweet...there are few things i can think of that would be harder...wishing you both loads of strength!
the retreat sounds pretty blissful too xx
Hi Christine! So lovely to hear from you!
So sorry to hear the news about your sister...sending you both my thoughts and best wishes.
Loving those gorgeous layouts! The retreat looks like it was in the most beautiful setting... you must have had a wonderful time!
Sheree xx
Thankyou for your lovely comments left on my blog. Glad to see you are back online again! I look forward to seeing your beautiful creations once more.
Take care.
please send my hugs to your sister. looks like you've been super busy!
Post a Comment