Friday, December 9, 2011

December already?

It has been non-stop this month. School is almost over for the year. There is only one normal day left, then Will and his classmates will perform a special presentation for the parents that they have been working hard on. I'm really looking forward to watching it, I have been listening to him rehearse his little song for weeks now :) Bec will get to experience her first speech night on Tuesday...and then it will be Summer holidays! They have both had a beautiful year at school, it will be kind of sad to have it end.


I have a few pages which I made for Scrapboutique using various collections from Crate paper to share. This one uses the 'Peppermint' Christmas collection.





The photo is of Lizzy and was taken on Christmas Day last year. She is wearing a sweet little angel outfit that her Nan gave her.





This next page mixes up papers from several collections.


It's a 'just because' page, I don't often create them but I do love that photo of Will.




This one uses the 'Farmhouse collection.' I really loved the colours in this one, those beautiful bright oranges and teals, then the warm brown.




Lizzy was given this cute little teaset for her 1st birthday from Will's friend Lily. She loved it and has made many cups of tea for me.




And, this page uses lots of random paper scraps (some are punched from a Kikki K bag) and an out-take from our Christmas card photo shoot. Bec was easy, Will was temperamental and Lizzy was almost impossible to photograph. It was very difficult to even get her in the frame with the other two. Eventually, with the help of Andy we got a beautiful shot, but this photo records a failed attempt where I tried picking her up and standing her between the other two with a container of rice puffs to entertain her. It didn't work. Frustrating at the time, but one of those things that you look back and laugh at :)






We attempted the traditional 'Santa photo' too. Bec and Will, no problem, they know the deal. Lizzy was happy while we waited patiently in line, then suddenly became completely distraught as we approached the big fella. She wouldn't go near him, even sitting in the photo on my knee wasn't an option. So, Lizzy does not feature in the Santa pic this year!


I am determined to complete a December Daily photo album this year to record all our festive activities, but so far I am lagging way behind. I've been busy finishing off some other projects and have finally cleared some time to work on it. I might get some updates on here later in the week.

I hope you have had more success than I have at documenting December 2011 in photographs!

3 comments:

Sheree said...

Loving each and every one of your pages Christine! That first one of Lizzy in her angel outfit it just SO cute!!! Great Santa pic! What a shame Lizzy was too upset...maybe next year she'll be a little braver.

Sheree xx

Leanne said...

Oh Wow! All of these LOs are so inspiring! Love them all. Good luck with your DD...x

Karen Shady said...

HI... your LO's area ll so wonderful... I cant believe how quickly all your kids have grown !! Im sure next year will be Lizzy's year with Santa :)