Sunday, November 20, 2011

Shaggy Dog, Shopping Lists and Eew!

Miss Liz, you keep us all happily entertained at mealtimes with your trademark scruffy hair (that I can't bear to cut in case all your sweet little curls get chopped out) and your cheeky antics. You have such a good little sense of humour and a great understanding of all that is going on around you. This page is about one of the funny little things that happens at the breakfast table most mornings.



The journalling reads "If you've had enough to eat you shake your head madly when you're offered another spoonful. Your mop top of hair flops about wildly in what we fondly now refer to as 'shaggy dog.' It's become a game. 'Shaggy dog?' we say, and you laugh in delight and shake your head!"


The kids take it it turns to go with Daddy to do the grocery shopping each Saturday morning. This year, Bec is in Year 1 she has taken to helping us out by writing out the shopping list. She does a great job and is really good at hearing the sounds in the words she is writing, so we can usually work out exactly what she means! She often leaves little love notes on the list for Andrew to discover too. This time it's a xoxo, totally cute!



The journalling says "Bec, you rather enjoy going to do the grocery shopping with Daddy. You often help by writing the shopping list for him too. Oct 2011, age 7"


There are a couple of things on this particular list that made me think for a moment, before I worked them out. "Chese strigers" = Cheese Stringers, "Yacolt" = Yakult, "Condishna" = is written over 2 lines, and is conditioner, "Scusy yoget" = Squeezy yogurt (the ones in the squeeze packets rather than tubs)and "Mints" = mince! A very good effort I think :)


This last page records a funny happening from our recent holiday to my aunt and uncles farm while Will was playing outside on the slide. I just happened to have the camera focused on him at this moment and saw it all through the lens! It is so typical of William, my boy is not great with heights, so it took a lot of courage for him to climb up this big, tall slide all on his own, and then I could just see his brain ticking over with the predicament he found himself in when he reached the top.....


The journalling says "I could so easily imagine what was going through your head as this scenario unfolded itself before me. 'Hey Mum, look at me! I got up top this very big slide all by myelf! Oh look, there's a fly! I better poke it! But I'm a bit scared up here, I have to hold on tight with two hands.....I know! I'll use my tongue!' You are such a predictable boy William!"


He absolutely cannot see a fly without trying to poke it and make it fly away. He just can't. Even if he has both his hands out of action while climbing. Instead he thinks, hey, no problem, rather than let that fly go away unpoked, I'll just use my tongue instead! I guess he's resourceful! Hee Hee!


3 comments:

Sheree said...

Three totally gorgoeus pages Christine! I always love the stories you write behind each of your pages!

Sheree xx

Lizzy Hill said...

Love the shopping list LO ~ a wonderful memory, clever girl, too... the red paper with the 'torn' tabs looks fab:)

Lea said...

Beautiful pages Christine. The last one I LOVE and my goodness how your baby has grown.