
I hope you can read all that journalling if you're interested!

This next one was from the "Sunday Roast" challenge they run. Basically you're given the instructions to complete a layout without seeing the actual page. Mine turned out a little differently from the example! It's about Lizzy's latest habit of rubbing her food in her hair!

The journalling reads: "This morning at brekky you decided to squish your toast on your head. Greasy promite hair - yuk! Then tonight at dinner, roast pumpkin! Eew Lizzy!
I love those little toast embellishments, they were perfect for this, and that Ali Edwards digital stamp is fast becoming a favourite!
This next one uses the new Fancy Pants "Baby Mine" collection that I got to play with this month. The papers are really cute and the die-cut shapes made this a really quick page :)

The journalling reads: "This beautiful shawl that you are wrapped in used to be your Daddy's. Nanny passed it on to us just before Bec was born. It makes me happy to know that all three of you kids have snuggled up inside its warm, cosy embrace."
I'm a bit sentimental, but I love things like that. Which is why I have a cupboard full of clothes the kids have grown out of. Hee hee!
I also got to play with Kaisercraft's June release "Pink Gelato" This one was really hard to photograph because the colours are so pale. It looks much better in real life.

The journalling reads: "Whenever someone in our family had a big event, like a school formal, it was our tradition to go visit Grandma to show off our "frocks" and pose for a photo"
This next one uses the new Fancy Pants "Baby Mine" collection that I got to play with this month. The papers are really cute and the die-cut shapes made this a really quick page :)

The journalling reads: "This beautiful shawl that you are wrapped in used to be your Daddy's. Nanny passed it on to us just before Bec was born. It makes me happy to know that all three of you kids have snuggled up inside its warm, cosy embrace."
I'm a bit sentimental, but I love things like that. Which is why I have a cupboard full of clothes the kids have grown out of. Hee hee!
I also got to play with Kaisercraft's June release "Pink Gelato" This one was really hard to photograph because the colours are so pale. It looks much better in real life.
My layout has a journal card tucked in behind the photo which tells all about Lizzy at 13 months.
"May 2011. You're like this mini tornado leaving a path of destruction in your wake. You pull the newspapers from under the coffee table, drag my piles of neatly folded washing off the couch before I can put them away. You fling the nappies from under your change table and pluck wipes from their packet. I think "mess" and you think "fun"
You stand easily now. Feet wide apart, knees bent, hands on the floor....push....and you're up, applauding yourself all the way!
You like to climb. You put your leg up on the couch, then drag your body up. If the leg reaches, you can climb it! I'll need to keep my eye on you!
You love your food and are prepared to scavenge and beg for it. If anyone is eating, you make your way over and open and close your hand while reaching out and saying "num, num, num"
Old Ma asked "does she ever get full?" and "is there anything she won't eat?" "Rarely" and "not really," I say, "although she's not too keen on bananas"
That pretty much sums your eating up. You're still a little lightweight though. Maybe 8 - 8.5kg? Regardless of your weight, you are an absolute delight, a complete little sweetheart. We love you so very much Lizzy!"
Whew, there's lots of journalling! I wrote really small!
This last one is my monthly challenge for July. You have to scrap a tradition that you uphold and include some ephemera if you can. We had a memorial service for my Grandma this week which inspired me to scrap this little tradition of ours.

The journalling reads: "Whenever someone in our family had a big event, like a school formal, it was our tradition to go visit Grandma to show off our "frocks" and pose for a photo"
This photo is from before my Year 12 formal. I love that she called them "frocks" instead of dresses. I made the flowers using some fabric from some old clothes of hers that I received after she passed away, it makes this page even more special :)
You have until the end of July if you want to join in the challenge.
This month is also birthday month at Scrapboutique, so there's lots of challenges and tutorials coming up, and of course a huge sale in the middle of the month. Come along and join the fun!

5 comments:
omg what a fabulous post! LOVE visiting you christine, you never disappoint!! they are all pretty special, but i do LOVE the first one. great colours and i just adore the journaling... xx
Wow Christine...so many beautiful pages in one post!!! Gorgeous!!!
Sheree xx
wow youve been busy, sooo many lovely lo's christine. My fave is 'hello my heart' its so soft and pretty and a sweet picture but i LOVE to read your journalling. I like the quote you included from old ma too. precious.
Christine, I love seeing your work. Your pages always have heaps of heart. I love that top one! All those memories recorded :)
Oh wow pure eye candy here my friend, how cute is your journalling of Lizzy eating for the day......so cute and them at the breakfast table is divine, what an important and gorgeous time to scrap. I love the frock too....Melxx
Post a Comment