
She sat down with the kids and played board games for 2 whole hours. Well, William played that long, he thought he was in heaven, Bec came and went, then came back again....her attention span doesn't last that long ;) They played Candy land, Chutes and Ladders, Ice Age and Bright Buttons (although Will did the star jumps for Ma). She is a truly amazing lady, we are so blessed to have her in such good health, she still walks and all. Ma is now 98 years old and sharp as a tack, she says the secret is to keep your brain busy, so she won't go to bed before she has done the 3 crossword puzzles from the paper each day! Thanks Ma, we know just how lucky we are to have you :)
This one is Miss Lizzy with her oldest cousin, Sam. They shared a beautiful cuddle together on Easter Day. More happy memories :)
I know that this layout is, well, in all honesty, rather ugly! I had bought the whole set of October Afternoon papers, and I had a few sheets that I hadn't used. I know myself well enough to know that they would get buried in my stash and probably never used again, so I decided that I was just going to use them, and not really care about the colours matching. So I'm ignoring that - ok! And the photos have scanned really bright, I'm ignoring that too!

Journalling reads: "Bec and Liz are so delightful together. Bec is so loving and bright and chirpy, she genuinely enjoys playing with her baby sister. She can always elicit a big, gummy smile and a chuckle from Lizzy. It is so beautiful to see the love between these 2. Bec is keen to help look after Liz too. She fetches her toys and plays peek-a-boo. She's not quite big enough to pick Liz up yet, but she really wants to hold her and tries to drag her up on to her lap. Lizzy enjoys this - she doesn't seem to mind it a bit rough!"
Hope you're having a great week!

8 comments:
grandparents have the patience of a saint with their grandchildren and games. I recall the exact same love and sharing of snakes & ladders with me when I was a little kid.
Oh wow, how gorgeous is Ma, incredibly inspirational, especially for me at 43 with a 4 year old, wow, I love seeing these photos and you have put them on the layout perfectly. The other layouts are amazing my friend, I had a chuckle as Nate is like Bec, he would come and go, I say he has the attention span of a green ant. lol. Gorgeous work. Melxx
Your lo's are amazing!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that first story about Ma :):):):):):):):) Thanks for visiting me... I really appreciate it! :):):):):):):):):):):):)
Just so beautiful! I adore all these LOs...especially the first one! Fabulous!
ps - Hope the weather is nice down your way! LOL!! I will be visiting the area in about 2 wks time! Yay! Can't wait to explore. Take care...x
Oh I love all of these Christine! They're all beautiful pages!
Sheree xx
What a beautiful memory you have captured in that top LO! My Granny used to do crosswords to keep her brain active too. She lived to 96!
Great pages...loving your style, and particularly loved the story of the first page,and you have captured it perfectly!!
Awww..how gorgeous is the board games layout....and what a special time to have her visit too.
Those memories will last a life time....Mardi x
Post a Comment