Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Get Picky March Sketch

This month we had this gorgeous double page sketch designed by Becky Fleck and a huge collection of SRM stickers to play with.

As soon as I saw this sketch I decided that I would create a background using the paint swiping technique that is very popular at the moment. I'm not normally a painty type of girl, but this technique looks so effective I was keen to give it a go. It was fun and not nearly as messy as I had expected, I'll try it again I'm sure. I'd never used SRM stickers before either, and they were great, so easy to use - thank you SRM!


Journalling reads: "You were almost 8 months old when you first clapped your hands together. You are so proud of yourself and laugh delightedly calling out 'ray, 'ray, 'ray. What a clever little girl you are sweetie!"


The cute little hand-made flowers and doilies along the bottom came from dear, sweet Lea's shop Little Bits of Pretty. All the money she raises from her shop goes to the Children's Hospital at Westmead, so go visit and spend up!

7 comments:

Mel said...

Oh wow, this is just gorgeous, look at those photos, they just make me smile and what a gorgeous outfit, now to the layout, I love this, the embellies are gorgeous, will have to check out your friend's shop and your use of the SRM stickers is gorgeous. Melxx

Jules said...

oh this is soooo delightful christine... that little face just made me smile straight away! this is sooo gorgeous... and woohooo for the paint play! be careful though - once you start you can't stop! :)) x

missusem said...

Love your double page design and thank you for stopping by my blog :) :)

Lea said...

this is gorgeous Christine. I adore the photos and the sketch was perfect for a sequence of photos i think. I have to agree with Jules about the paint play... look out!
PS Thank you for the little plug. It all helps doesn't it!

kathie said...

I love the paint work on this! It adds such a cheerful carefree feel. Gorgeous work chickie :)

Yvette Adams said...

Oh that's gorgeous!!! What an ecstatic face! LOL . Your layout is gorgeous! I really love the bright yellow and how you've used Lea's gorgeous flowers.

Lynette Jacobs said...

Simply gorgeous...what a delightful little girl.