I made this layout to celebrate this huge achievement for my girl - I'm so proud of her! She has a swimming lesson every week and she really, really loves it thanks to her sweet and super talented instructor who has such a beautiful manner with kids. I am so grateful to Kath for instilling such a love for swimming in my girl. Bec's been doing so well and has been swimming about 12 metres freestyle for months and months....she just couldn't seem to make it any further. Then suddenly in July, it just all came together and she went 25m! Woo Hoo! Go Bec!
I really enjoyed making this layout, and it came together in about 1/2 hour, which is super quick for me! I pulled out a few supplies, including my favourite box of goodies - this tub of journalling tags and some of the gorgeous yellow trim from Leeann's shop that I had been hoarding. I love including tactile elements like that on my pages.
I truly had so much fun making this one. It's a bit higgledy-piggledy and mis-matched but it has a happy kind of quirkiness to it that was just right for this page. I think I'm feeling refreshed and inspired again - yay!
7 comments:
Yay Bec! What a great achievement! That must be a great boost for her confidence Christine. Great layout!!!
Sheree xx
WHat a gorgeous layout Christine. I love the way the elements on your page have come together ... quirky is good :) AND what a fantastic achievment for gorgeous Miss Bec. You must be so very proud of her lovely! xxx
Wow! stunning lo! It all works so beautifully..x
Beautiful! I love the yellow crochet trim with the fabric bow. I so love the look that including fabric on a page gives. Congratulations to your little chickie.
Woohoo....what an awesome achievement....and recorded so beautifully too....I love quirky pages....and this is adorable..x
gorgeous Christine.. and well done Bec!! love it when they come together easily and quickly {not normal for me either} :) ... big fan of tactile too xx
yay Bec!!! what an awesome achievement! i can't swim.. i'm terrified of water. :D
Post a Comment