Sunday, December 6, 2009

Whoops, a whole month has escaped me since my last post. It's been extra busy with a trip to Tassie for a wedding, Kim's wonderful retreat and the usual activities associated with the end of school and lead up to Christmas.

Yesterday we set about making a whole lot of these for Bec's classmates.


I use the term "we" very loosely. I had plenty of volunteers for the cutting and M&M decorating bit, but when I asked if she wanted to help me pop them into the bags I got a very quick "No thanks Mum". At least she was polite. I shouldn't really have been surprised, the sandpit is much more interesting.

The wedding was gorgeous, the kids looked so sweet in their pretty dresses and Will's first shirt and tie. They had lots of fun at the farm with Nan and Pop and their cousins too, playing with the baby chicks, going spotlighting and fishing down the river.



And the retreat....absolutely amazing. The classes were fantastic, the @Home team was simply gorgeous, they truly are the loveliest,sweetest group of girls. I had the most wonderful time, and it was so nice to meet so many beautiful ladies in person. Thank you so much Leanne, Sheree and Cherie for being my roomies - it really was a pleasure to get to know you all. Here are a few pics from the weekend and a couple of the projects we made.



I have a few Kaiser projects to share too. All the product details can be found on their blog if you're interested. I loved the Dear Santa range best with it's newsprint and vintage Santa images - yum!




And lastly is a page I just finished of Miss Bec doing what she does the majority of the time - singing her little heart out. The song of the moment is from High School Musical. Love her cheerfulness, it rubs off on everyone around her :)


I've been inspired by Ali Edwards and also Janelle Wind after seeing her gorgeous December Daily Album at the retreat. I decided to do one this year too using some of Ali's digital overlays since they looked so fantastic in Janelle's album. I'll try to upload my first few pages later this week...so until then, take care and have fun!

9 comments:

Sheree said...

What a great post Christine! Lots of gorgeous projects...and those retreat pics! It really was so lovely to finally meet you and spend a little time together. Thankyou!!!

Sheree xx

Yvette Adams said...

What lucky classmates. Those gifts look so cute!

I'm so glad you came to the retreat and had a great time! Your projects are beautiful!

And you look like you've really popped out!

kathie said...

Wowee! Look at those cute gingerbread men! They are so neat Christine!

Anonymous said...

I love that photo of you with the kids! You look radiant.
And I am very impressed with your gingerbread men. And the house. I am hoping to make a gingerbread tree this year.

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Hey Christine, thanks for the baby congrats! You look fabulous, you are glowing. Love all your layouts here, especially the Canary one - so cute!

Cherie said...

Love all the gingerbreadmen...I had an idea I was going to make some and box them up for the teachers but after making to batches I was over it..will have to think of something else for the teachers!!!
You all look beautiful at the wedding..
Great layout to Christine...love them all.

Take care
Cherie xx

Leanne said...

Your gingerbread men are soo cute Christine. What a lovely gift for the children. Sooo how is the pregnancy going? When are you going to share some tummy photos with us all?????

I am so happy that we met and got to share a room at the retreat. It was loads of fun and I am so hoping that I will get to go again next year. Anyway just wanted to pop in and say hello so.... HELLO

xx Leanne xx

Leanne said...

Hi Christine. Thx for your note of concern left on my blog. So far things things are not looking as serious...(my mum is in hospital with swelling and bleeding on the brain). We are hoping for some good news soon and she may be discharged...YAY!

Thx again.

Leanne.

ps - you are looking positively blooming. I hope you are well.

Samantha Hauzer said...

Wow, you've been busy! Those gingerbread men are just too cute!