Sunday, February 15, 2009

Layouts from this week

I've been looking back through some old scrapbook albums with Becca this week and I found myself a bit disappointed at my lack of journalling. I mean, I still remember the stories that go with the photos at the moment, but I didn't write them down on the page and I now wish I had. I guess when I started I was quite nervous about doing that and I was very wary of using my own handwriting or putting my thoughts on paper. So this week I've made an effort to write more on my pages, because after all, it's the stories that I want to remember.

Obviously, this one is from Bec's first day at school. Journalling reads: "You were so excited to be going to school. Mum and Dad came with you today and watched you race around doing all the craft activities they had set up. Your first day was pure bliss for you!" Note that I said pure bliss for her. I, on the other hand was a complete mess. I knew I would miss her, but I never realised just how much until it actually happened. I do intend to do a page about that at some point because even though it does get easier to drop her off each day I do want to remember how hard it was at the start.


This one is from October last year - some photos I have had for ages but haven't been inspired to scrap because they are dark and rather poor quality. But I did it and I'm pleased to have it down because catching the bus was such a big thing for both of them. Even now they both point out buses and call out the colour of them EVERY time they see one, so our weekly ritual of a bus ride into Belconnen was a pretty big deal for a few months there. Journalling reads: "Bec was so excited, she has been wanting to catch the bus for ages. We went into Kidzone to meet Gran. Will was not so comfortable with this adventure. He kept a good hold of me saying "Will scared Mummy". He did relax after a while and start to enjoy it"

This is the look that I get rather frequently lately, but I do love those grumpy pursed lips! Journalling reads: "Look at you all fired up and bursting with attitude! Unfortunately for you, this little face only makes me laugh! That frowny-pout isn't convincing me, I think there's a smile hiding behind it!"



Pages don't get much quicker than this one, LOL. I wanted to record this story about how Will refuses to wear any other shoes. Journalling reads: "Ever since Gran and Pop brought these Diego and Dora croc things back from Canada for you you have REFUSED to wear any other shoes at all!" Actually, he's now out-grown these lovely blue ones and has chosen a pair of even more horrible bright green ones. Ugly as they are, they are practical and it's nice to have shoes he can put on by himself.

There's not much of a story to this one. I just wanted to do cut and paste with these cute Sassafras Lass papers :) Whenever we visit Ginninderra Village the kids seek out this pussy cat. She is so friendly and comes over every time so they can pat her. Kids get so much joy from animals don't they?

Hope you've had a good week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous layouts, Christine, and it is so good to remember to get those thoughts down on our layouts. You will be so thankful that you did!

Yvette Adams said...

Hi Christine - as you know I feel the same about journalling! I love it. All your layouts are just gorgeous - I especially love the colours in the yellow one!