It's school holidays here at the moment. Andy has the 2 biggest kids with him visiting Nan and Pop in Tassie while Lizzy and I stayed home so I could still go to work. It's been very quiet. Uni goes back next week so I've been making the most of my scrapping time while Liz has her afternoon nap each day. The photos on this first page were from our Mother's Day trip to the park. I love the colours in them :)
One of Lizzy's most favourite toys are plastic animals. She loves most small hand-sized toys (Dora figurines or matchbox cars) and usually has one in each fist throughout most of the day, but the animals are her favourite. She currently has a preference for Australian animals, which I think is because of a song by Justine Clarke (from Playschool) about the "gumtree family." We often listen to it in the car. She's all about identifying the "mummy one" and the "daddy one" and the "bubby one."
Since the rest of our family was away I made a late decision to drive down to Melbourne for the weekend to visit Ma. Lizzy was so good the whole trip and we only stopped once each way of the 7.5 hour drive. On the way there we stopped in Holbrook and stretched our legs at the "Subramine." Lizzy loved walking along the top of it. We didn't really get to see much of Ma since she's basically nocturnal and normally wakes after 10.30am each day, but I'm so glad that we went, plus, it was lovely to see my Aunt and Uncle too. Ma was happily surprised to see us and I got so much pleasure from seeing her play with Lizzy. She was chasing Liz down the corridors of the nursing home and even jumping with her. Not bad for a 99 year old!
Last month I took the three kids to the Pumpkin Festival at Collector. It's a small town only about 50 minutes drive away from Canberra. The kids had a wonderful time building scarecrows, playing with huge kites and climbing on giant pumpkins. I'll definitely be putting this on my list of things to do again next year, except that next time I'll be sure to get some pumpkin scones when we first arrive, I was very disappointed to miss out on them because the lines got too long!
Becca and Will have been playing so nicely together lately (Yay!) They had a whole heap of glow in the dark stars left-over from decorating their ceiling and somehow came up with the idea of sticking them to their foreheads. Suddenly they became "Super Star Heroes" and were running about doing things that super people do. Funny kids, I love that they can make their own fun.
I'm still carrying on with my Project Life album too and have been doing lots of catching up with that. Maybe I'll share a few pages of it next time. Until then, have fun! :)
3 comments:
My! You have been busy. These are lovely LOs of your Lizzy, especially the ones with 'Ma' ...hope you've enjoyed the break...you've used it well:):):))
Wow, inspirational!! Loving your pages...especially the last one, love the colours and layering!!
Oh so beautiful...x
Post a Comment