Friday, March 30, 2012

Catching up...

Wow, a whole month has gone by since my last post! In February I decided to return to uni to study to become a primary teacher. I am absolutely loving it. I'm finding it really interesting and it's nice to be actively learning again. Sadly it means lots of late nights trying to get assignments done on time and I don't have much energy left to scrap after I've done my study. I'm looking forward to Easter next week and I'm hoping I'll squeeze in some time to catch up on my project life. I've still been making sure I snap some photos most days but my album has been pretty well abandoned since week 7 or 8.

I do have my Design Team pages for Scrapboutique from this month to share. I love this pic of Andy :) I took it in February arlier this year when we were visiting his family and thought it would be great to use with the Echo Park This & That - Charming collection to record some of the things I love about him.


The journalling says:


  • I love the way you laugh out loud when you watch telly or a movie. It makes watching with you so enjoyable.

  • You know I don't like driving so you always drive when we're together.

  • You are always kind to others and you never speak harshly to anyone.

  • You are a real family man. We always come first.

  • You always help around the house. Cooking dinner, washing laundry. There are no designated gender roles.

  • You call your parents frequently, several times a week. I love that they mean so much to you, family is so very important.
We went on another trip to the south coast the weekend before I started uni. Bec had wanted to take the boogie boards with us this time and she was determined to have a go. She did such a fantastic job and I was really impressed with the way she stuck to it for an hour at a time even after going under on a few occassions. I used the MME follow your heart - Be happy collection and made this layout which was inspired by this page by Rahel. It has a little flip book under the photo which holds another 4 photos and is hinged by sewing across the top. I like that it's interactive and that I could include lots more pics without making my page really busy :)


Bec has had a really big month. She had been complaining of sore eyes at school when she was reading and we found out that she needed glasses. She was very nervous but she chose this really cute pair. They're a dark purple colour and I think they look gorgeous on her. She was particularly taken with the case they came in that can be flipped inside-out in some special way so the colour of the case changes - very cool! They have made a huge difference - no more sore eyes :) She only needs them for reading and we're hoping that it will only be for a year or two.



I hope you've had a good month :)

3 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

That's fantastic going back to study. I did exactly that when I was 42 [ish, I think...not good on remembering dates!]...to do high school english teaching & I ADORED it...found out I was pretty good at essay writing... a slight 'must', as I'm sure you're finding out. Savour every minute of it:):) Also, love these LOs especially the hinged one...FAB idea....will do that one myself:):)

Karen said...

Beautiful layouts. Your hubby sounds like a great man, good on you for documenting this. Must do it myself one day.
Love the glasses, very cute!

Sheree said...

Absolutely gorgeous pages Christine!!! Always love seeing your pages!

Sheree xx