Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Project Life Week 3

Only 3 weeks in and I'm playing catch-up already :(


It's the middle of school holidays so there were lots of adventures this week.




  • On Monday I took the kids to an indoor playground. Lizzy was non-stop. Up and down the steps until she noticed the big slides. She refused to hold my hand to go up all the stairs and she would not sit on my knee to go down the slide, and those slides are fast. Nope, she went straight down, feet first on her belly, hit the bottom and jumped up calling out "Whee, fun!" and ran off to slide again. For half hour without stopping. Talk about Miss Independant.

  • Monday also marked one whole year since the awful car crash that took my beautiful Grandma from us. We visited her with Mum and Dad and took her flowers. I miss her so very much.

  • Monday night we finally got to watch "The Annie Concert." Oh Bec, you are in your element standing before us singing and dancing. Will had been rehearsing hard and even Lizzy joined in. It was completely beautiful. Such precious memories :)

  • Lizzy is loving tigger and bounces about the house hoo - hoo - hooing.

  • We wandered around the Botanic Gardens with friends on Wednesday and Will and Andy played cricket in the backyard every evening.



  • On Thursday we visited Parliament House and Friday morning was spent sucking on icy poles and paddling at the local lake. Lizzy completely cracked me up that day when she asked if she could "play in Sanda Claus?"

  • The bag of wooden blocks that my Pa made have been very popular with all 3 kids this week. I love it when they play with them. The wood smells amazing.

  • We all watched Jumanji on Saturday night. Even Lizzy who was particularly excited by the Ooo-oohs (monkeys). Bec was scared though and spent much of it with her eyes covered.

  • Bec and I did some sewing, Will found a 4 leaf clover. He played with a new Lego set and Andy collected some honey from the hive in our yard at home. It was Disgusting with a capital D. Eew. Like it had solvent in it or something. He thinks it might be from dandelions. I don't know, but it was the most awful honey I have ever tasted.

No comments: