Saturday, March 6, 2010

Devonshire

The Devonshire collection released by Kaisercraft in February was probably my favourite collection of theirs ever. The colours and embellishments are so vintagey, but at the same time nice and fresh, making them really versatile. I've already used the collection for these 3 projects:

The first is one of my Mum and how she always reads to my kids. Pretty much every day we see her and they snuggle on her lap and read a book or two. These papers had a real 'grandmotherly' feel about them to me.



This one is the new journal that Kaiser released at the same time. I love the leaf cut-out on the front and was keen to decorate it to use as a sketch book and journal. I sewed the lace from the embellishment pack to the paper before sticking it on and added a few rub-ons to finish it off.



Lastly, I was sorting through all my photos last week and I came across these ones of Will when he first started to walk. The memories came flooding back of the way he hunched up his little shoulders and clenched his fists as he concentrated so hard to keep his balance. Too cute :)


The page design came from Kaisercraft's Saturday Sketch competition. You can have a go at it too and upload your version to the March sketch gallery before the end of March to be in the running for a fantastic prize pack.

9 comments:

Fran said...

Love your use of Devonshire!! Just gorgeous.

Fran xx

Maryanne Ridgway said...

christine I too LOVE the devonshire collection, have got a nice little pile to use[and I will use it oneday Im sure], and your notes journal looks fabulous, I have spied them and considered, but thought maybe I better get the little drawers that I have sitting here done first!

Anonymous said...

Snap! - I think Devonshire is my favourite ever KC collection. I first saw it (and bought some!) when I did your class a couple of weeks ago. So delish!
I love what you did with it in these layouts! And the notebook looks fantastic! Gotta love that leaf. ;)

Sheree said...

Christine these are SO beautiful!!! I haven't got my hands on any of this range yet but I love what you've done with it!

Sheree xx

Leanne said...

Soooo GORGEOUS!! I love the note book especially! Hope you get the chance to put your feet up for a while! LOL! xx

kathie said...

Kaiser has outdone themselves with Devonshire. It would be my favourite of their lines :). And your pages are beautiful!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Beautiful work Christine!!

Samantha Hauzer said...

I love your projects with the Devonshire range! It was my fave range too :)

Nikki xx said...

Your Devonshire work was just soooo very beautiful Christine!