Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Big Kindy Kid

Bec had her first afternoon at Kindy yesterday. Just 2 hours of free play to get back into it, then she has her first full day today.


She surprised me, I expected her to be very excited about seeing her friends from pre-kindy again, but she was so nervous all morning and even more so by the time we got there in the afternoon. Her old teachers greeted her at the door with big cuddles (they are all so lovely and beautiful with her), but even that didn't settle her nerves. She was worried about having a new teacher and being with new kids and that they might not like her :( I stayed with her for the first hour and she was very clingy and tended to choose to do more solitary activities - not at all like her. She's normally really out-going and is friends with everyone. Next year I'll have to make sure I organise play dates towards the end of the holidays to make the transition easier.



She did some beautiful painting and drawing, and although she was trying so hard to be brave she couldn't hide the tears in her eyes when I had to go. She was a bit happier when I picked her up, they had gathered all the kids together in one classroom to read some stories. I'm pretty sure she'll be ok today though, I think she'll be much more settled once they get into their more structured routine. I hope so anyway, it breaks my heart to see her sad and playing on her own!

3 comments:

Sheree said...

Such beautiful photos Christine! I'm sure she'll settle in in no time. The first few days are always a little bit funny but like you said once the routine kicks in she'll be great!

Sheree xx

Sasha Farina said...

aww.. poor baby. i hope she's okay now already!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Oh the poor darling! Hope things have settled down now. She looks so cute in her uniform!