Sunday, March 15, 2009

Monday

I actually love Mondays. It's my 'free' morning to spend with Will without any other commitments. Today we went for a walk around the lake and looked at the ducks and the ants and the bugs. He was a little scared of the bridge, but was quick to console himself "it's only just a bridge, won't hurt Will, only just a bridge", but oh, those gaps between the planks (which were all of about 1cm apart) were apparently a little too wide for his comfort. He would nervously nudge his toes towards the edge of one, then let out a little whimper before reaching up for my hand. Totally sweet though.

Then we came home to make a batch of anzac bickies, which he loves. I love them too because they remind me of my Grandma. Ahh, there are a whole lot of lovely memories there. She made the best anzac biscuits ever. I must be doing something wrong though, the mix always seems so crumbly and the biscuits don't spread, so this time I thought I might add a smidge more water. Sadly that just made the mix rather gloopy. No doubt they will be possibly the worst anzac biscuits ever. I reckon he'll eat them though, he's a bickie boy ;)

We were lucky enough to have Nanny spend a couple of days with us last week, the kids loved spending time with her, even if it was just a few days. Bec is already assembling some grand plans for her return at Easter time.


Scrapbook wise, I've been busy doing some class pages for my local scrapbook shop Wrapped in Paper to teach over the next couple of months. Come join us if you're local, or there's a monthly crop on a Saturday night if that's more your style!

I've only this one page to share, which is of my two boys lying on their bellies in the backyard and having a little chat, as they do!

I'll let you know how those anzac bickies turned out!

2 comments:

TatumW said...

I missed you being there :( Bec is suddenly looking soooo grown up, don't you hate it how that happens! Too cute about Will on the bridge, I can imagine Bastian doing similar...he freaks out if there is anything resembling a bug or month near the door when we go outside! Have a great weekend xx

Linda Beeson said...

What a great look with that patterned paper.