Friday, January 23, 2009

Weekly catch-up

We've had another busy week. On the weekend we hosted a baby shower for my gorgeous little sister who is due in only one more week. Yay! I'm so excited and can't wait to meet their little man! We had fun getting ready for the party. Bec and Will helped decorate some cup cakes and make the teddy bear cake. Of course Will did a bit more eating than decorating ;)


I'd never made a cake with piped icing before, so this was quite fun. I hired the cake tin from the Style Emporium, so it was pretty easy to do. I love that shop, it is full of the most beautiful things and I will definitely be going there for cake tins again.

Other then that we've been busy getting Becca ready to start school next week. She is so excited and wanted to wear her uniform all day after we bought it. I can't believe how much older it makes her look. I know it's a cliche, but the years of having her at home really have flown by all too quickly.

Lastly, I've a couple of layouts to share. The first is from our Christmas holiday at Nan and Pop's. Will loved being on the farm so much. He is a real little nature lover and just seems to enjoy wandering about, taking it all in.


And this one's using a really precious photo that Becca took of Will and me. She really enjoys taking photos and frequently asks to use my camera (even though Santa gave her a nice little one of her own for Christmas). She does a great job framing the shot for a 4 year old, and I love that I am getting a few photos with myself in them. I think I went a bit overboard on the leaves and bits, it turned out a lot busier than I had envisaged.


This last one is from a recent trip to Ginninderra Village for a picnic with our friends who we meet up with one day each week for a play. It was so hot that day, but I couldn't resist taking a few photos of Bec by this bright yellow door. There are so many gorgeous places for photos as well as lots of interesting things for the kids to explore there, it would have to be my one of my favourite spots to visit.

1 comment:

lisatoronto said...

love your blog! added it to my google reader. :) Great layouts, as well!